Quotes ― you see them everywhere. From your ultra-positive friends posting daily reminders on Facebook to the Pinterest boards dedicated to overcoming adversity. At times, it may seem tiresome, especially when you're going through your own personal challenges. However, I consider them the express lane to actualization; you don't need to read an entire book to get the message.
Quotes are brief moments intended to provoke thought, motivate and energize. They serve as reminders that someone has walked this path before you, and survived. My hope is that you take their strength and make it your own.
Read on to see 15 inspiring quotes that have helped me get through some of the more challenging times of living with multiple sclerosis. I hope they are helpful to you as well. Got others? Share your favorite quotes below.
1. “A troubled life beats having no life at all” ― Richard M. Cohen, Blindsided: Lifting a Life Above Illness: A Reluctant Memoir
2. “Follow your hopes and not your fears.” ― Jody Bower
3. “It has been said that life has treated me harshly; and sometimes I have complained in my heart because many pleasures of human experience have been withheld from me…if much has been denied me, much, very much, has been given me…” ― Helen Keller, The Open Door
4. “I choose not to place "DIS", in my ability.” ― Robert M. Hensel
5. “You're not allowed to have legs and not use them. Dance.” ― Dianna Hardy, Heart Of The Wolf
6. “The only disability in life is a bad attitude. ― Scott Hamilton
7. "Some days there won't be a song in your heart. Sing anyway." ― Emory Austin
8. “We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust the sails.” ― Author Unknown
9. "Good humor is a tonic for mind and body. It is the best antidote for anxiety and depression. It is a business asset. It attracts and keep friends. It lightens human burdens. It is the direct route to serenity and contentment." ― Greenville Kleisser
10. “We either make ourselves miserable or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.” ― Carlos Castenada
11. “I often say now I don’t have any choice whether or not I have Parkingson’s, but surrounding that non-choice is a million other choices that I can make.” – Michael J Fox
12. “I did as much research as I could and I took ownership of this illness, because if you don’t take care of your body, where are you going to live?” – Karen Duffy
13. Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or lose. – Lyndon B. Johnson
14. “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.” ― Abraham Lincoln
15. “Don’t be ashamed of your story, it will inspire others.” – Author Unknown
Don't suffer in silence. We are your support, whether you love quotes or not.